Thursday, August 21, 2014

Masters of the Universe!

Take a look at this fun commission:  Masters of the Universe!  These He-Man miniatures are very rare, and really interesting.  My customer asked that I paint these to look like the cartoon characters, very bright colors, and looking as true to the original Masters of the Universe cartoon as possible.  Minimal shading, no realistic weathering, and did I mention bright and cartoony?

These miniatures were made in the 70's and 80's, and are very hard to come by.  A large collection like this is rare to find, and not many people have even seen these miniatures.  I was very excited to paint these and I had a blast looking through all the He-Man cartoons and He-Man toys to get reference pictures and inspiration.

Although this is not my usual commission style, I couldn't pass up the chance to paint such rare and obscure miniatures.  It's not everyday that you get a chance to paint something this fun and unique, especially a collection like this!

He-Man

Stratos

Zodak

Merman

Skeletor with spear

Skeletor in Wind Raider

He-Man on Battle Cat

Man at Arms

Skeletor with staff

Merman alternate pose

Ram Man

Beast Man

Teela

Man-E-Faces



No comments:

Post a Comment